Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Our Names Are Safe

Since I am an avid novel reader from way back, and since I want my reading to be edifying, rather than distracting, I've been dwelling in Mitford lately, in the Jan Karon novels, and there are gems for the having.
This gem is from Shepherds Abiding, the 8th in the Mitford series.
_________________

"Someone had done a study with six-to-eight-year-olds, asking them to define love, and he'd run across the results on the Internet.

When you love someone, your eye lashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.
When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.

He calls His sheep by name, and our names are safe in His mouth."
 ________________

Isn't that lovely? Our names are safe in His mouth.

PS. Do any of you have suggestions for good Christian slanted novels or writers?
Let me know, please.

Nel

No comments:

Post a Comment